The Mortazavi lab in the Department of Developmental and Cell Biology at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a specialist at the junior level. Our group studies the applications of genomics, computation and sequencing technologies to the analysis of transcriptional regulation in development. More information about our research interests can be found at: https://devcell.bio.uci.edu/faculty/ali-mortazavi/
Requirements for the position include:
• a B.S. or higher in Biology, biotechnology, genetics, molecular biology or other closely related field.
• attentive to details and have strong organizational skills.
• can work independently as well as collaboratively.
Preferences will be given to candidates with experience in genetics.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• functional genomics library preparation and sequencing of mouse strains. Will train a candidate in building RNA-seq and ATAC-seq libraries in mammals.
• maintain and organize laboratory equipment and inventory.
• assist with laboratory safety.
• assist with research projects.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Inquiries about the position should be directed via email to Dr. Ali Mortazavi; email@example.com.
Application Procedure: Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to the following on-line recruitment: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/jpf07570
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.