- Graduation and Convocation 2013
- Lauds and Laurels 2013 honors three from Bio Sci
- Enrichment therapy effective among children with autism, UCI study finds
- Timing of cancer radiation therapy may minimize hair loss
- Join the Bio Sci Alumni Club! Reconnect with old friends, build a network and support your school – all for free! More details at https://bio.uci.edu/alumni-club/
- Small Gifts add up to Large Impact. Gifts to the School of Biological Sciences benefit students, research and outreach to our local and regional communities. No matter the size, contributions do make a difference. Alumni, faculty, staff, friends, corporations, foundations and even students and parents participate as donors. Please consider joining the many others who actively participate in supporting the School by making a gift through the Dean’s Society today. Contact Andrew DiNuzzo or visit the website for more information. Contact Andrew Dinuzzo or visit the website for more info.
- Become a Mentor today. Are you interested in helping students achieve academic and career success? Would you like to make a difference in a student’s life? Join the Bio Sci Mentor Program as a mentor by contacting Alyssa Sanchez today.
- Faculty Recognition: Sunil Gandhi, assistant professor of neurobiology & behavior at UC Irvine, was recently named one of 17 Searle Scholars for 2013; Brandon Gaut was recently elected President of the Society for Molecular Biology and Evolution; James Hicks earns honorary doctorate from leading Danish university, meets the queen; Dr. Claudia Kawas honored as Visionary Woman by Alzheimer’s Association of OC; If you’re interested in learning more about how to support our faculty, contact Andrew DiNuzzo.
- Cal Teach program receives $3.5 million for K-12 math and science teacher education