Salary range: The salary range for this position is $60,000-$71,952. The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by experience level. See Postdoctoral Scholar Scale for the salary range. “Off-scale salaries”, i.e. a salary that is higher than the published system-wide salary at the designated experience, are offered when necessary to meet competitive conditions.
The Halbrook lab at UCI is looking to fill multiple postdoctoral scholar positions. We are looking for highly motivated and collaborative postdoctoral fellows interested in studying:
1) Metabolic and signaling pathways driving the pathogenesis and maintenance of pancreatic cancer.
2) Crosstalk interactions among cells in the tumor microenvironment, heterogeneity in these populations.
3) Links between metabolic mechanisms driving fibrosis and immune suppression in cancer and chronic inflammation.
Research in the Halbrook Lab is centered on identifying critical mechanisms shaping the formation and maintenance of the primary and metastatic tumor microenvironment and developing tools to disrupt these interactions to enable effective therapy. In addition, we are interested in understanding the links between tissue regeneration and inflammation underscoring chronic pancreatic disease and cancer.
• PhD in cancer biology, chemical biology, or other related field and at least two publications in a PubMed indexed journal.
• Research experience working with animals, flow cytometry, single cell sequencing / analysis is preferred but not required.
• Proven track record of troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and bring projects to completion.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to learn new approaches
• Collaborative approach to science
For more information about this position, contact Dr. Halbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three references.
UCI provides excellent support for postdocs (https://grad.uci.edu/postdocs/information-for-postdocs/), which includes the development of leadership and teaching skills, career development, and full benefits. Several childcare services are available on campus. UCI campus is located at a driving distance to Los Angeles and San Diego, and 5 miles from the beach.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Accepting all applicants.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement – Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI’s Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF08194
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs – With Updated Interim Amendments. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine Primary Series or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, Religious Objection, and/or Deferral based on pregnancy or recent COVID-19 diagnosis and/or treatment) no later than the applicable deadline. All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of receiving the most recent CDC-recommended COVID-19 booster or properly decline such booster no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees should refer to Exhibit 2, Section II.C. of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Attachment for applicable deadlines. All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of being up-to-date on seasonal influenza vaccination or properly decline such vaccination no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to the Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Program Attachment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.