Two NIH-funded postdoctoral positions are available to work on the development of body-on-chip devices in the areas of pancreatic islets (Type 1 diabetes) and Blood-Brain Barrier. The ideal candidate will have experience in cell culture, vascular biology, bioengineering (including COMSOL modeling), and microfluidic systems. Prior knowledge in the areas of diabetes or BBB would be an advantage, however, candidates with any combination of the above should consider applying.
Initial appointment is for one year with an anticipated extension to 3 years pending satisfactory performance and funding. Salary will be commensurate with experience and University guidelines.
Qualified candidates should send curriculum vitae, a cover letter outlining research experience and interests, and the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three references to the following on-line recruitment URL:
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Christopher C. Hughes at email@example.com
Basic qualifications(required at time of application)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement – Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI’s Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.